11:04
A+ A-

- PM PJs

"Are you planning on getting out of your pajamas?"

"Probably ... eventually ... after all, we've only just had lunch."

That's how it goes when I'm well into something. Time flies by and I really couldn't care less about appearances (although in my defense, I will say I did brush my teeth this morning).

So what was all the fuss about? Well, I had two things in mind: yesterday's lantana patch and today's snow patch ...

Patch #22 and Patch #23

Because even though we are well out of the East Coast weather system, I remember what driving snow felt like. Not to mention Jude's post this morning, which reminded me what driving snow looks like, which was indeed like the B-side of Patch #10.

The snow was easily done. The lantana, on the other hand, took up most of the morning. First in tracing its outlines ...

A trick I learned from Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain
"trace" the visible outlines onto plexiglass using an erasable marker

transferring them to cloth ...

Drawn by eye using a permanent Pitt pen

looking closely at the colors in an attempt to find the right flosses ...

Look how much purple is in the leaves!


then finally committing to stitch ...


The leaves are okay, the flowers less so. I suppose I could call this an impression rather than a representation. Still, I learned along the way and didn't feel compelled to rip everything out in search of perfection. The patch records the reality of the process, which makes it good enough for me.

Finally, another weather week was added to the calendar ...


including a dark cloud seam on the horizon ...


Okay. Time to get dressed.