12:26
A+ A-

- On the line

As mentioned in a post last week, I put a thrifted cotton top in my closet to see if it would make the grade as a garment. Sunday I decided to wear it, convincing myself it really wasn't too large. Until I sat down, that is. It literally swallowed me up. Lest I have second thoughts, I took it off and tore strips for patchwork, the first of which I added today ...

Patch #26
Cotton rather than the usual linen, made long enough to show one full repeat

In case you're wondering, clothing alteration is not my strong suit, so making the shirt smaller wasn't an option. But I really love these colors and weave structures and expect they'll make appearances in future pieces.

The stripes were a perfect metaphor for today since I spent the whole morning going through line after line of user IDs and passwords to update the credit card expiration date in all our accounts. Now all I have to worry about is going line-by-line through our 1040 form next month, when I'll be sure to commemorate the occasion with another stripey bit of cloth,

P.S. Thunderstorms here today, so I'll be making a rain patch, too.