07:38
A+ A-

- G is for green(ish)

Having no selvedge to guide me (I prefer this spelling to selvage, btw), I didn't know if this thrifted linen blouse was green shot with blue, or vice versa ...


Either way, I much prefer the blue to the green and fortuitously tore the cloth in such a way that it left a feathery blue edge. So I wondered "what if I made a patch that showed that edge?" ...

Patch #7 and Patch #8

Here's how it looked on the b-side ...


It will be interesting to see how it wears.

Oh, about the butterfly ... that flew in yesterday after I took a walk in the sun and noticed little sulfur butterflies flitting in the purple lantana blossoms. It was one of those days when I couldn't help saying yet again, "Have I mentioned how much I love Texas?"

And now that I look at the close-up photos in the butterfly link, I realize that the two hindwing spots look just like Jude's outlined thread beads ... so even though I didn't notice them yesterday, I've added them in ...