12:58
A+ A-

- Learn by playing

It was a proud day when Jude Hill gifted me with the moniker "Learn by Playing" on her Place Keeping page. Today's patch is a memory-holder for that ...

Patch #30

Today's cloth-woven nine-patch is juxtaposed with my first piece of paperless patchwork, recorded in a post on October 9, 2014.

That tan and brown nine-patch has been sitting on the arm of my stitching chair for over a year. The other arm holds Jude's September Window ...

Jude's original post appeared on September 11, 2014

And now I'm well on my merry way: one day short of a whole month of patching and posting, each day marked by two patches, one of whimsy and one of weather ...

1" by 1" patches of January weather (1/31 patch pending)

After looking again at Judy Martin's inspirational quilt top, I am considering more nine patches like the first one ... but this time in combinations of brown (tree trunks) and beige (limestone), joined by all the other colors outside my window as the seasons slip by. It's just a notion right now, but I expect to make some trial pieces soon. After I finish this most likely ...

Another sneak peek ...
Left side of applique stitched down (one strand of DMC)
Right side edged with the addition of split back stitch (two strands of DMC)