12:09
A+ A-

- At a snail's pace

Irony abounds ... I am now writing this post for a second time having somehow lost the first pass. Ah well, I think I remember what I said.

Choosing a blue for today was made easier by the knowledge that I could save the indigo blues for tomorrow. I ended up using a heavier linen, in part because it somewhat matched the feathery blue fringe in yesterday's patch ...

Patch #9

And while I'm not sure how the weight difference will play out later, I'm going with it. The cloth came from one of my mom's favorite summer tops ... which looked great on her, but never did much on me. Here it's perfect and I'm looking forward to making patches with some of the other motifs in the future.

I also finished this week's weather patches ...


and I'm realizing Saturdays will be extra fun as I add each new week to the one before!

I'm also starting to think about how all the patches might fit together eventually. Right now, the spine and front cover of a book come to mind ...


and already I can see how photographing the whole piece is going to be an ongoing challenge.

Revision: I just didn't like the way the last two patches were oriented, so they have been flipped over ...


Okay, I feel better now.