11:52
A+ A-

- One down

The first patch is done ...

Patch #1
Rosemary-dyed linen, 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"

Only 365 to go (I would have to pick a leap year, right?) Or maybe 730 to go ... because maybe I'll do two patches each day. Who knows?

But for now, this one patch is enough. It took very little time and it's not "perfect" (which is something I'm getting better at accepting). It started with rosemary-dyed linen, which is close to the background color of the blog.The grid was running stitched freehand. The lettering was inked in, then backstitched in red to match the Remember post two days ago. I'm pretty happy with how well the tiny (3/10ths of an inch square) 2016 came out...

Extreme close up

As noted above, the entire patch is 1 3/4" square, a size that I settled on after trying quarter-inch increments from 1 to 2 inches on the Land of Flood and Drought. Other patches may or may not be square, but for now I'm sticking with 1 3/4" for one of the dimensions.

Here's how it played out on paper ...


followed by a good night's sleep, during which my mind came up with ...

Ruth Munson Barnett was my mom,
MR is Don's nickname for our younger daughter
and EEEEEEE ... well, you know

This is gonna be fun!